|Happy Birthday, Yogi! Hall of Fame baseball player and Hall of Fame gentleman|
|Yogi Berra [May 12, 1925 - Sept. 22, 2015]|
Yogi Berra was a MLB "Hall of Fame" catcher who played his career with the New York Yankees. Yogi Berra was a great baseball player but more importantly he was a good humble man. Yogi was famous for his malapropisms and sometimes nonsensical, but at the same time hilarious, quotes. But even Yogi's nonsensical quotes made a lot of sense...or is that a Yogi-ism?
Here are some of Yogi Berra's funniest quips:
1. "It's like deja vu all over again."
2. "We made too many wrong mistakes."
3. "You can observe a lot just by watching."
4. "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
5. "He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."
6. "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."
7. "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
8. Responding to a question about remarks attributed to him that he did not think were his: "I really didn't say everything I said."
9. "The future ain't what it use to be."
10. "I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house."
11. On why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a famous St. Louis restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."
12. "I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."
13. "We have deep depth."
14. "All pitchers are liars or crybabies."
15. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
16. "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."
17. "Never answer anonymous letters."
18. On being the guest of honor at an awards banquet:
19. "The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."
20. "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
21. As a general comment on baseball: "90% of the game is half mental."
22. "I don't know (if they were men or women running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads."
23. "It gets late early out there."
24. Carmen Berra, Yogi's wife asked: "Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey , and you played ball in New York. If you go before I do, where would you like me to have you buried?" Yogi's answer: "Surprise me."